Summary: The Sales Director’s primary responsibility is client development and service. This position will assist the General Manager and Executive Management to develop a comprehensive marketing plan to attract golf events, transient golf, golf package play, weddings, banquets, restaurant menu driven business and other market segments identified in the annual business plan. The Sales Director will also prepare an annual business plan detailing targeted sales opportunities, including a budget goal for each specific target. The position is responsible for showing the property to hotel clients, wedding clients and other qualified clients who may book business at the golf course. The Sales Director receives and processes sales and incoming inquires for all market segments and responds with proposals and other requested information within 24 hours of receiving the lead.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes the following:
- Generate and follow-up on sales leads for banquet & golf events, communicating golf event leads to the General Manager and Management Team and completing the booking process for banquet and golf leads
- Communicate with Ritz-Carlton group turnovers to attract group golf rounds
- Book banquet specific business and execute contracts
- Build and maintain relationships with strategic partners
- Conduct site tours with hotel clients and other prospective clients
- Field calls for sales and property inquiries
- Attend special meetings for events as requested
- Attend trade shows and networking events for target market segments
- Establish and maintain a cohesive relationship with the Ritz-Carlton leadership team and other strategic hotels and business partnerships
- Provide ongoing support & training for partner hotels
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Understand Regional Markets & Business Opportunities
- Excellent internal and external Communication Skills
- Fluent technical/computer skills
- Highly tuned interpersonal skills & ability to interface with other skill sets of various levels
- Understanding of property history and value propositions
- Attend Staff Meeting
- Attend Client Development Meetings
- Ability to work independently & provide assistance to other team members as needed
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
College Degree or equivalent work experience & demonstrated proficiency. Must be computer proficient and fluent with Microsoft Office Applications. Prior experience in sales at a golf facility or similar sales of weddings and events preferred. Must be able to work weekends when requested. Must understand the game of golf and be able to play golf with clients.
It is inevitable that other duties will arise from time to time. This is not a necessarily exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the proposed position, management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks are performed when circumstances require. A formal review of this narrative will occur during the annual performance process. Annually, performance standards will be reviewed and updated to reflect the acceptable standard of performance for critical tasks required by this position.