The Director of Public Relations is responsible for the strategic direction, brand security and development, and successful execution of all communications channels at Half Moon Bay Golf Links. Reporting to the General Manager of Half Moon Bay Golf Links, the Director of Public Relations will adhere to the company’s strategic goals and objectives and branding guidelines, lead all elements of guest communications and manage all media and marketing programs. The Director of Public Relations is responsible for the development and implementation of all of the organization’s marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes the following:
- Develop and maintain all marketing collateral including but not limited to print media, social media, digital media, direct email marketing, and electronic newsletters
- Maintain official company websites, including social media, content design and implementation
- Analyze key metrics of current communication strategies and evaluate areas of opportunity.
- Develop and drive an event e-marketing strategy for current and prospective clients.
- Creating, implementing, and measuring the success of a comprehensive marketing, communications, and public relations program that will enhance the organization’s image and position within the marketplace and the general public
- Update and manage marketing communications via the organization’s website
- Manage the organization’s SEO and AdWord campaigns
- Assist the General Manager with progressive management of all Customer Relations Management programs and objectives.
- Update the CRM communications channels daily
- Provide the General Manager with CRM management reports as requested
- Maintain the company automated messaging and on-hold marketing messaging and overall phone system.
- Manage a professional Half Moon Bay Golf Links brand and image strategy on property, on the website, and through social media and other electronic and printed communications
- Write and publish PR articles for media publication
- Develop, implement and monitor systems and procedures necessary for effective operation of the marketing/communications/public relations function
- Write and format monthly newsletters and other forms of electronic communications to current Half Moon Bay Golf Links databases and sub-group categories
- Create and implement strategies to grow social media followers, email contact lists, and other guest communications databases
- Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all company publications
- Coordinate and regularly update the appearance of all company print and electronic materials such as use of logo, brochures, menus, video wall graphics, signage and group event proposal formats, etc.
- Regularly conduct relevant market research and monitor trends
- Ensure that the company philosophy, mission and vision are pertinent and practiced throughout the organization
- Design and execute a comprehensive strategic plan for guest communications and marketing messaging for individual and group event business channels
- Regularly post upcoming events, bar and restaurant specials, and entertainment schedules across multiple media channels and website listing opportunities
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge, and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills
- Experience with design, content creation, and production of print, digital, and social media materials and publications
- Computer literacy in word processing, database management, page layout, and graphics software
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, business, marketing, public relations preferred
- Graduate degree in a related field is desired
- Experience in all aspects of developing and managing marketing strategies
- Digital and technical marketing skills
- Experience with relevant software applications for in house advertising and other marketing material design and publication
- Experience with in-house design and production of print materials and publications
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in marketing, communications or public relations with demonstrated success
- Must be able to work extended hours as necessary
- It is inevitable that other duties will arise from time to time. This is not a necessarily exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the proposed position, management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks are performed when circumstances require. Annually, performance standards will be reviewed and updated to reflect the acceptable standard of performance for critical tasks required by this position.