Half Moon Bay Golf Links and Mullins Bar and Grill is currently seeking qualified Banquet Set-up Staff!
Half Moon Bay Golf Links is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The goal of Half Moon Bay Golf Links & Mullins Bar and Grill, under Ocean Colony Partners, is to provide all of our guests and visitors with first rate service, courtesy, professionalism, quality and hospitality excellence. We respect our guests, employees and community neighbors. We encourage every individual’s contributions, personal growth and importance to the company and the community. We honor diversity. We foster a work environment that provides personal pride through job satisfaction and a balanced life. We embrace the culture, traditions, environment and our surroundings. We strive to fulfill the expectations of each other and ourselves. We encourage communication, innovation, and creativity. As an employer, we strive to provide you with excellent employee training and advantages within a positive work environment.
Immediate Supervisor: Banquet Manager/Banquet Set up Supervisor
A Banquet Set Up person is responsible for the physical set up and break down of all conference meetings and large events, including the meeting rooms, corporate buyouts, private dinners and any special needs requested by the client or management.
Responsibilities and Duties
Duties may include:
- Setting up meeting rooms and private function areas with the appropriate equipment and materials, including, but not limited to, tables, chairs, glasses, water, pens, writing tablets, and any other items requested.
- Tears down all set up after banquet events.
- Storing equipment and materials neatly in proper areas.
- Follows Banquet Manager Orders with strong attention to detail.
- Drives company vehicle to pick up or deliver.
- Emptying trash from all function areas.
- Changing linen, and putting it in the correct areas for cleaning.
- Vacuuming all meeting rooms after functions.
- Inspecting Banquet equipment for defects, cleanliness, and any other maintenance needed and reporting to the Manager.
- Cleaning storerooms and meeting rooms.
- Any other reasonable task, written or verbal, by the Supervisor or Manger.
Skills / Requirements
EDUCATION: No specific training required to accomplish the essential functions of this job. Previous banquet set up or banquet serves experience is a plus. High school diploma preferred.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. All employees must follow proper safety precautions at all times to avoid injuries. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, grasp or type; reach with hands and arms; and to push, pull or lift over 10 pounds. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, bend or twist. The employee is occasionally required to taste or smell. The employee works both in inside and outside weather conditions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. All employees must follow proper safety precautions at all times to avoid injuries. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and various types of driving conditions and occasionally works with moving mechanical parts such as floor buffers, toxic or caustic chemicals, and power tools or power equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The employee must have a flexible schedule and be able to work nights, weekends, and occasional holidays.
CRISIS MANAGEMENT: Must be able to handle a crisis in a calm, effective manner. This includes upset guests, fire, tornado, armed robbery and assault, bomb threats and accidents
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
- Verbal communication
- Ability to read
- Listening and basic safety skills
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance
- Action oriented
- Highly productive and proactive
- High energy Level
- Heavy lifting and on-time attendance